Skip to main content

Top 10 Reasons to Read my Book

Me in LA back in the day.
I'm an avid reader but I understand how hard it can be to take a chance on a new writer. I mean I watched Cindy Crawford's Meaningful Beauty informercial that promised me the fountain of youth but I still wouldn't let myself fork over fifty bucks.

The good news is that my book is cheaper than the fountain of youth. It's only $3.99 for the e-book. That's the same price as a grande latte.

And if you are over the age of 25 (Maggie's age) this story will take you back to that youthful time of yore. If you are younger, you will probably relate to Maggie's struggles as she pursues her dreams and tries to find love in the big city.

Still not convinced? Here are ten more reasons to read my debut novel:
 
1. There's a hot rancher in it. This list could really end here.

2. You loved Bridget Jones's Diary and hope Dating Maggie is half as entertaining.

3. Holidays are around the corner and you need a unique gift to lift a friend's spirits.

4. You know me, maybe by my "real" name and you're curious what's under the cover.

5. It's fall and you are looking for escape in the pages of this modern love story.

6. You like to be able to tell folks at parties that you are a "Patron of the Arts."

7. Getting to the sexy/humorous sex scenes sounds like fun.

8. You are a big-city dreamer just like the main character.

9. It's time to renew your license at the DMV and you need something to read while you wait.

10. Your book club needs a new story to discuss over wine.

But wait, there's more.

Bonus reason:
You live or have lived in LA or Portland, OR and enjoy reading stories that are set there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my Author Page

Dear Readers,

Learn about my books and new projects here or on my Facebook or Twitter pages. I would like to thank anyone who has taken the time to read my books. They have been a labor of love. Hopefully, you enjoyed reading them as much as I savored writing them.

Happy Reading:)

MJ





Freelance Writing Services

I'm offering 20% off of my writing services until 3-30-2015.  Just mention that you read about the discount on my blog.

WHAT I WRITE
Blogs, Web and Social Media ContentE-blasts and Press ReleasesArticles and NewslettersResumes/Cover Letters and Personal Ads Short Films and Plays I'm open to projects not listed here as well. Feel free to email me about your project: melissauhles@hotmail.com

Sequel to Sarah Starting Over

Some readers have mentioned wanting to read a sequel to Sarah Starting Over. Well, I'm happy to say that I have started writing a book #2 so that readers can see what happens with Greyson and Sarah one year later. Here's a tiny sneak peak. We will see the story through Greyson and Sarah's eyes in this story:

Greyson
My size thirteen wingtips kicked a couple of oval pebbles until they were sucked into a crack in the sidewalk. Other indentations in the walkway were overgrown with green things. The near constant rain made living in Siletz Bay like taking up residence on the surface of a Chia Pet. I’d been advised to wear more comfortable footwear by the prosthetic experts. But I had an image to maintain, leg or no leg.
The Canon camera I’d inherited from my mom after her passing hung around my neck most days. Clicking pics of married men sharing their beds with their assistants had become my bread and butter.