Skip to main content

3 Things I've Learned about Co-writing a Book

On a recent trip to San Diego, we were thrilled to find an In-n-Out Burger near our hotel. I'm pretty sure my husband only tags along on family trips to California or Arizona because he knows there's a good hamburger waiting for him there.

The trip was a nice forced writing break. And while there, I re-connected with a college friend. We decided to co-write a book.

Now that I'm back home, I'm writing again. My writing partner (Amber Roshay) and I are seven chapters into our contemporary romance and so far it's been a lot of fun. Here are a few things I've learned already:

1. Skype or speakerphone help with weekly meetings.

2. Amber suggested using Google Docs so that we can share and work at the same time and always see what's been done without emailing a word doc. back and forth.

3. Creating an outline has helped get the story moving.

If you have co-written a book, feel free to share your tips in the comments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Kiss, a sweet romance novelette is now on Amazon!

Get it here for.99 on Amazon Here is the blurb:  Just weeks from Christmas, Jess must move from NYC to Orcas Island to fix up the bakery she’s inherited. Being unexpectedly dumped by her boyfriend has not helped to get her into the holiday spirit. To make matters worse, Charlie, her neighbor practices electric guitar every night and is quick to share his strong stance on property lines. Despite mounting conflicts, will Jess and Charlie’s hearts be softened by the atmosphere of the Christmas season? This sweet Christmas romance novelette is best read near a crackling fire as the snow falls outside.

Limitless New Releases

My NA Contemporary romance Dating Maggie will be out Oct. 27th.  It's about an actress who encounters a rancher; he threatens to turn her five year plan upside down. In the meantime, my publisher has put out some intriguing new releases and pre-orders over the past few weeks. If you are looking for a compelling read, check out the Limitless Publishing page and curl up with a page-turner this weekend.

Cool Orlando Rock Art on the Beach

I stumbled on this when I was at Lincoln City. It's a nice sentiment and won't easily be washed away by the changing tides.