Skip to main content

3 Places to Look for a Date

I'm married now, but when I was dating, I was looking for love in all the wrong places. Let's just say new age workshops about "finding the one" are not attended by hot firefighters or billionaire CEO's or by any men for that matter.

These workshops were just filled with desperate ladies like myself that didn't yet understand that the time and money spent there would have served us better if we'd spent it at say, Home Depot. Which, as it turns out is number one on my list.

Now that I've had almost eight years of married life to study man-habits. I can so clearly see where I should have been spending my time if I wanted to meet someone like my husband. If you are single and on the hunt, I hope this will help you think outside the box.

If this list doesn't work, try this: imagine all the activities you like to do and don't do those for awhile, go places and do things out of your wheelhouse. If you love wandering around used bookstores, for example, imagine where a guy who hates to read might be, maybe a game store? Once you're married you can go back to spending your time doing stuff you actually enjoy, like your all-girl book/wine club.

So here's my list:

1. Home Depot  
Yes, you will have to glance at the ring fingers because a lot of married guys go to Home Depot too. But there must be single guys there as well and they teach classes on how to make stuff. You'll walk away with more than you'll get at one of those new age dating seminars. Disclaimer: If you see my husband there, stay away, the 6 ft. 4 engineer with the bag of fertilizer is all mine!

2. Comic Con
Sure, I'd have no interest in going there but I love smart, geeky guys so it probably would've been wise for me to show up there in a Wonder Woman costume at some point.

3. Paintball or Laser Tag Place
Admittedly, this one might be best for the college-aged girls and still may seem juvenile, but there will be dudes there especially during an evening on a weekend. And if there is no one you like at least you'll be able to get out your aggression by shooting guys with balls of paint. That's not a waste of a Saturday.

Feel free to leave your favorite meeting spots in the comments section.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

***.99 New Romantic Mystery Release***

Sarah Starting Over (novella #1) ends with some unanswered questions for a P.I. and a windowed mom. 

Greyson Starting Over is novella #2. It takes place one year later in the sleepy seaside town of Siletz Bay. Greyson and Sarah’s wedding planning comes to a halt when they must find a missing girl. 

Will Greyson get a chance to start over with Sarah after all they’ve been through? 

One click to buy on Amazon

But wait, there's more! 

Sarah Starting Over is FREE 
today and tomorrow to celebrate 
Greyson Starting Over's release.



One click to download on Amazon

Writing Inspiration

I just answered this reader question over at Goodreads and thought I would post my answer here as well. If you write, what inspires you? How do you get inspired to write? M.J. GreenwayThere are so many times when I'm inspired by something I've read or watched on TV. For example, I remember reading Gone Girl and yearning to be able to one day write a book that well crafted.
That said, most of the writing time isn't about inspiration, it's just about writing most days and seeing where you get. I write an outline and start with a few characters and conflicts and an idea for an ending. As days pass, more details occur to me and snowball into a full fledged story over time. Walks or bike rides can help too.
For my romantic mysteries, Sarah Starting Over and Greyson Starting Over, I wanted to write about parenting and grief and my friend urged me to write about a disabled character. Because of my childhood love of Murder She Wrote, I also wanted to try my hand and writing a mys…

Bachelor in Paradise

I admit to watching a few episodes of Bachelor in Paradise. It's purely for research purposes. Lol. I just don't understand Amanda's bad taste in men who moan loudly on camera when they kiss. And also, now I want to read Andi's book about their break-up. What is your reality show guilty pleasure?